ClaroPDF is an accessible, professional and user-friendly PDF Viewer, Reader and Annotator.
View text PDF files and listen to them with a human-quality voice and synchronized highlighting. Annotate and mark up text or image PDF files with full compatibility with other popular PDF apps and programs in Windows and Mac.
ClaroPDF is designed as an accessible productivity, reading and study PDF tool for all.
I would like to commend you on producing a beautiful PDF reading/annotation app. Its annotations are rich in color and it is, I believe, the only app that offers a choice of background colors. This review of ClaroPDF was written by Maxwell (Medical Background)
It is one of the best apps weve purchased and we have over 500! It is on my top ten list and one that I always install on an iPad when we send them out for loan! Wendy Kay Alameda (Assistive Technology Specialist, US)
Speech, Productivity And Accessibility
To support accessibility and productivity, ClaroPDF features built in human quality text-to-speech English voices with a range of synchronized colored highlighting options. A Speak in Background option lets you listen to a PDF while viewing another app – great for proofreading accessible text PDF files, listening to content whilst working in other apps, or even listening via Bluetooth speakers. The speaking rate can be up to 360 words per minute, and the Speak on Tap option makes speech easy to use. Over 40 additional voices are available in 27 different languages through low cost In App purchase, so you can easily customize ClaroPDF speech to suit your preference and languages. The voices are all built into the app so an internet connection is NOT needed to speak text.
ClaroPDF allows the background color of the PDF to be changed, to enhance readability. ClaroPDF also fully supports iOS VoiceOver. PDF image files cannot be spoken by ClaroPDF voices, but can be fully viewed and annotated with ClaroPDF.
Annotations, Notes And Comments
ClaroPDF includes a powerful Annotation toolbar that lets you add notes and other comments. These are fully interchangeable with Adobe Reader and most other popular PDF programs, so your ClaroPDF comments will still be there if you open the PDF on another computer. Annotations created in another program can also be viewed and edited.
Annotation features include:
◦ Free Text (type straight into the PDF)
◦ Free line draw (with many colors, opacity and thickness control)
◦ Shapes (Circle, Square, Line – with many colors, opacity and thickness control)
◦ Images (insert Photos from your iPad Camera or Photo Library into the PDF file)
◦ ClaroPDF also supports PDF forms
On double-tap, ClaroPDF will identify the tapped text block and perform an intelligent zoom on it, just as youre used to in Safari. This reduces how much you have to adjust the zoom manually.
Full-Text Search And Navigation
Search will search across your whole document, highlight all found results, and let you jump straight to each one in turn. ClaroPDF shows each page of a multi-page PDF document as a Thumbnail, allowing for fast scrolling of long documents. The Thumbnails auto hide when not needed.
Managing PDF Files
PDF files can be opened in ClaroPDF from all other apps, including PDF email attachments or PDFs found in web pages. All opened PDF files will be placed in the ClaroPDF Gallery for later viewing. You can also open files from DropBox, or import PDF files via iTunes. PDF files can be Saved into the Gallery, back into DropBox, sent by e-mail, or opened in other apps supporting the PDF file format. ClaroPDF offers the option to email or forward the PDF in a flattened format with annotations made permanent, or send the whole file with editable annotations for further review by others.
ClaroRead Pro and Plus for Windows can scan paper into accessible PDF files, retaining the original page image. These PDF files can be opened and spoken in ClaroPDF.
Add on Voice List
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Arantxa Voice (Basque)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Mikko Voice (Finnish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Maged Voice (Arabic)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Xander Voice (Dutch)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Narisa Voice (Thai)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Oskar Voice (Swedish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Aylin Voice (Turkish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Laura Voice (Slovak)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Simona Voice (Romanian)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Joana Voice (Portuguese)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Damayanti Voice (Indonesian)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Eszter Voice (Hungarian)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Agata Voice (Polish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer English Tessa Voice (South African)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Ida Voice (Danish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Alva Voice (Swedish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Stine Voice (Norwegian)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Jill Voice (American English)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Karen Voice (Australian English)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Lee Voice (Australian English)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Ellen Voice (Belgian Dutch)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Raquel Voice (Brazilian Portuguese)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Felix Voice (Canadian French)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Julie Voice (Canadian French)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Zuzana Voice (Czech)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer TingTing Voice (Chinese Mandarin)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Claire Voice (Dutch)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Anna Voice (German)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Steffi Voice (German)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Yannick Voice (German)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Alexandros Voice (Greek)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Lekha Voice (Hindi)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Sin-Ji Voice (Cantonese)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Paolo Voice (Italian)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Sangeeta Voice (Indian English)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Javier Voice (Mexican Spanish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Silvia Voice (Italian)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Paulina Voice (Mexican Spanish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Milena Voice (Russian)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Diego Voice (Spanish)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Ya-Ling Voice (Taiwanese Mandarin)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Yuna Voice (Korean)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Moira Voice (Irish English)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Fiona Voice (Scottish English)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Nuria Voice (Catalan)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Audrey Voice (French)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Alice Voice (French)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Melina Voice (Greek)
◦ Nuance Vocalizer Thomas