Claro Software develops Assistive Technology, software for people with disabilities such as print and reading difficulties like dyslexia, to help them achieve all they can.
Claro Software was founded by entrepreneur Dave Stevens and assistive technology expert Professor Paul Blenkhorn in 2004, and from 2018 has been owned by leading Norwegian assistive technology company, Lingit AS. Lingit are spelling and linguistic experts and their technology complements Claro Software’s strengths.
We are experts in speech synthesis, word prediction, spell checking and switch access, and combine them to make innovative, easy-to-use products on Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac, Google Chromebook, iPad and iPhone, Android, and on the Web.
We have an international network of partners who support our users and sell our products world-wide.
To enable people with disabilities to achieve their potential in education and the workplace through the use of innovative, easy-to-use assistive technology and free, lifetime technical support.
Our founders gave a legacy of being honest and polite and being passionate about technology and people with disabilities. We are committed to continuing these values by demonstrating:
- Dedication to helping people with disabilities achieve all they can independently.
- A technophile, user-centred team who are passionate about developing modern, innovative technology.
- Users always come first and are at the forefront of everything we do.
- Honesty and transparency both inside and outside the company with all stakeholders.
- Growing our geographic and market range so that we can support users with our innovative features through new market channels in new countries.
- Further expansion internationally with re-sellers, partners and users in education and the workplace.
- The Claro Apps range will be available across all commonly used devices in the future, so we can help a wider range of people.
We are proud to be Patrons of the Dyslexia Institute UK. We are an organisational member of the British Dyslexia Association, the International Dyslexia Association, the British Assistive Technology Association and the Assistive Technology Industry Association.
We exhibit at various events throughout the year. Check out our events page for regular updates.
Interested in joining our team?
Please contact us for more information, or if you are interested in working with us for any reason.
Legal Identity and Trademarks
- Claro Software is Claro Software Ltd, part of the Claro ATG Ltd group.
- Registered at Buckingham House, Glovers Court, Preston, PR1 3LS.
- Claro Software Ltd is registered in England and Wales with company number 05153389.
- ClaroRead is a registered trademark of Claro Software Ltd, number EU008611964, Class 9.
- Claro is a registered trademark of Claro ATG Ltd, number EU009687856, Class 9.
Claro Software complies with the requirements of the Cyber Essentials scheme. Cyber Essentials helps to guard against the most common cyber threats and demonstrates our commitment to cyber security.
Claro conforms with CE requirements. Many products require CE marking before they can be sold in the EEA (EU + Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway). CE marking proves that a product has been assessed and meets EU safety, health and environmental protection requirements. It is valid for products manufactured both inside and outside the EEA, that are then marketed inside the EEA.