ClaroRead for Windows PC supports reading and writing. ClaroRead is a simple, easy-to-use and flexible software program that helps you to read, write, study, sit exams, and increase your confidence. You can read any on-screen text out loud and improve your writing in Microsoft Word. ClaroRead Plus and Pro also let you read aloud scanned paper books and documents.
“Students love ClaroRead, and students with dyslexia have come to depend on it. It makes an amazing difference to our struggling students – it is a game-changer.”
AT Specialist, Cabrillo Community College.
“Thank you very much. We have now installed it onto my computer and I can’t believe the difference this has made to editing our Mock Papers. I am very impressed with it. I am recommending it to all our local centres in West Sussex. Having been an exams officer for 22 years, I have seen a vast increase in the need readers for exams and schools are struggling to supply enough staff to do this, the electronic reader is the answer to these problems.”
Morag Wild, Examination Officer.
ClaroRead for PC Features
- Reads Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, OpenOffice/LibreOffice, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer with speech and highlighting so you can follow the text as it is read out by high-quality human-sounding speech.
- Reads text in email, webpages, and any other program you want by selecting with the mouse, pointing with the mouse, or capturing from the screen.
- Read paper documents with scanning (OCR). ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- Reads English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Swedish and twenty-four other languages with 80 different voices and accents so you can listen to a voice you like.
- Choose highlighting by word, by sentence, any colour, and lots of combinations so you can get just the right one for you.
- Suggest words as you type to help with spelling and writing.
- Choice of high-frequency, many subject-specific, and huge prediction dictionaries.
- Phonetic prediction – type “n”, see “knowledge” suggested.
- Learn new predictions as you type or train it in a particular subject.
- Echo back text recognised by Dragon as it appears on your computer screen so you know it is right.
- Listen back to your text after you have written – hear mistakes you can’t spot when you read.
- Listen to each word or sentence as you type so you can hear mistakes immediately.
- Speaking spellcheck lets you select the word you want by hearing the alternatives.
- Support for homophones and easily-confused words like “there” and “their” and “they’re” including images to help you select the correct word.
- Advanced phonetic, dyslexic and problem spelling corrections like “neel” (kneel) and “necessary”.
- Check anywhere, in email or Google Chrome, not just Microsoft Word.
- Speaking dictionary for any word in any program with over 300,000 English definitions.
- Thesaurus to help with comprehension.
- Change font and text to make it easier to read.
- Change screen colours to reduce contrast and make reading more comfortable.
- Read text into an audio or video file to listen to later (on your phone, on the move, for study).
- Make any text displayed on the screen read aloud, including online eBooks and presentations.
- ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- Use industry-leading OmniPage technology to convert printed documents and image files into PDF, Word and many other formats for reading and annotation later.
- Create accessible PDF files with reading order.
iPad, iPhone & Android Apps
- ClaroRead Plus and Pro only.
- List of Apps
Portable USB stick
- Create a portable USB pen drive version of any ClaroRead to let you use it on any computer.
Included with ClaroRead
ClaroRead Plus and ClaroRead Pro (but not ClaroRead SE) include all of the following:
- Reading ruler and screen colour tinter. Helps anyone who has problems keeping focus while reading.
- Study tool. Capture images and text from web pages and documents to help write essays and organise references.
- Screen colour overlay tool. Helps dyslexic students focus on the screen and read.
- Easy-to-use mind mapping and idea capturing tool.
- Claro Voice Setup
- Download and install any of 80 voices in 30 languages.
- Speaking Calculator
- Speaking calculator echoes back numbers and results.
- (Pro only) iPhone / iPad Apps
- ClaroRead Pro includes the ability to unlock the pro features in our iOS apps (ClaroSpeak, ClaroPDF and Claro ScanPen).
- Claro AudioNote
- Record lectures straight into your handouts, make voice notes, and listen back to recordings made on popular devices.
- Batch Audio Converter
- Convert entire folders of documents into audio files.
- Save to Video
- Convert text documents into video files.
- Create on-screen vocabularies to help you learn and use new words.
- Create symbol and text handouts to help with revision and communication.
- Auto Converter
- Auto Converter takes any document you drop into a special folder and OCRs or scans it automatically to create accessible versions without you needing to do anything else.
- ClaroRead Word
- ClaroRead for Word uses the latest Office 365 technologies to bring our world-class text-to-speech, spellchecking, prediction and usability tools.
- Claro Website Reader
- Claro Website Reader brings up a reading toolbar on any page in your users’ web browser.
Help and Documentation
- Quickstart Guide
- Quick one-page printable reference for using ClaroRead.
- Comparison Chart | Comparison Chart
- Explains the differences between different versions of ClaroRead – Pro, Plus and SE.
- Complete pricelist including volume discounts.
- User Guide
- Complete user manual.
- Release notes
- What’s new in the latest version of ClaroRead.
- Data Sheet
- Description of features.
- ClaroRead Windows complete feature list
- A comprehensive listing of features in ClaroRead V7.2.
- Help Videos
- Demonstration and training videos.
- ClaroRead in exams
- Using ClaroRead in examinations, including disabling spellcheck where needed.
- ClaroRead for PC Network Installation Guide
- Detailed guide to installing ClaroRead on Windows networks.
- Get more voices
- How to get more text-to-speech voices.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1
- 1GB RAM
- 500MB hard disk space plus 150-500MB for each voice.
- Microsoft Word 2010, Word 2013, or Word 2016
- Sound card supporting text-to-speech.
- Scanner supporting TWAIN or WIA (Plus and Pro).
You can also check out our complete pricelist.
- Site Licences
- For all your Windows machines in your institution. Find out more.